What are the ways to get rid of skin toxins?
Detoxing the skin helps prevent early wrinkles and skin cancers. Find out how best to do that.
5 ways to get rid of skin toxins
The skin covers large areas of the body, which is exposed to toxins as a result of its constant contact with environmental pollutants, which in turn clog pores or because of your unhealthy diet.
Ways to get rid of skin toxins
Starting a healthy daily routine can help detoxify the skin, brighten skin and reduce acne by:
1. Do dry cleaning
Brush your body at any time with a soft-bristled brush without using water, this helps improve blood circulation , and stimulates the lymphatic system.
Dry brushing also reduces cellulite and puffiness, improves muscle tone, and rejuvenates dead skin cells.
2. Add exfoliation to your routine
Exfoliation helps in the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of the face or body.
Peeling occurs naturally every 28 days, but several factors, such as aging, can slow it down.
The accumulation of dead skin cells can reduce the effectiveness of the skin care products you use to get rid of skin imperfections, which may increase acne and skin toxins.
3. Clay mask
The negative charge of natural clay helps in detoxifying the skin by attracting the positive charge of the impurities and drawing them to the surface of your skin.
You can apply a clay mask once or twice a week to the face, or all over your body, letting it dry for about 15 minutes, before washing it off with warm water.
4. Take a detoxifying bath
Soaking the body in warm water, several times a week for 20-30 minutes, can help remove toxins and pollutants from the pores of the skin.
The most popular types of detoxification baths are:
- Epsom salt and ginger bath: Mix the water with fresh or grated ginger root in a saucepan, let it boil for 10 minutes, then add a cup of Epsom salt – the coarse used in bath water – to it. Mix the mixture in the bathtub water.
- Epsom salt and baking soda bath: Add 1 cup of baking soda, 2 cups of Epsom salt to warm bathtub water.
- Epsom salt, sea salt, and sesame oil bath: Add 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1 cup of sea salt, and 1 cup of sesame oil to warm bathtub water.
- Apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt bath: Add one cup of natural apple cider vinegar and one cup of Epsom salts to the warm bathtub water.
5. Drink plenty of water
Drinking plenty of water is essential, to get rid of toxins from your skin and body.
Drinking water helps maintain the health of the body, moisturize the skin, clean the skin, and prevent the early appearance of wrinkles.
It also contributes to the faster elimination of toxins in the digestive system .
It is worth noting that you should drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to maintain your physical and aesthetic health.
You can follow these tips, they are really useful in preventing the skin from getting toxins:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables rich in alkaline minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium, which are good for skin health.
- Choose healthy fats, which help the body absorb essential vitamins , and maintain an optimal hormonal balance.
- Limit foods and drinks that irritate the skin.
- Use sunscreens to prevent burns and skin cancers.