Can I use aloe vera gel as hair gel?
There are many hair products that contain aloe vera gel that are popular recently, all you care about aloe vera gel for hair in the following article
Aloe vera hair gel
Aloe vera is a cactus plant with thick leaves that contains a gel inside it that grows all over the world. For centuries, aloe vera gel was extracted and benefited from its healing properties.
The most important information about aloe vera gel for hair to you in the following:
Benefits of aloe vera hair gel
There are many benefits that aloe vera gel provides for hair, including:
- Cleaning greasy hair: Aloe vera gel cleanses hair follicles and gets rid of unwanted sebum accumulation and rejuvenates greasy hair, leaving it more shiny and vibrant.
- Promotes hair growth: One of the properties of aloe vera gel is that it increases blood circulation to the scalp when applied to it, in addition to nourishing the roots, reducing the possibility of falling out and increasing hair growth.
- Repairing damaged hair: It contains a group of important vitamins such as vitamin A , C and E, which are important in nourishing cells in a healthy way and giving vitality and luster to hair.
- Moisturizes the hair: Aloe vera gel moisturizes the hair and scalp, and unlike other moisturizers, it does not leave a greasy layer after use and does not lead to clogging the pores.
- Getting rid of dandruff: Aloe vera gel contains a group of amino acids that help reduce seborrheic dermatitis, or what is known as dandruff, as well as rid you of the resulting itching and scales accumulated under the hair.
How to use aloe vera hair gel
There are a number of ways to use aloe vera hair gel , as follows:
- Pre-shower treatment: Aloe vera gel can be applied to the scalp before shampooing. It helps reduce dandruff build-up on the scalp. It also removes excess dead skin and maintains the pH of the scalp when exposed to hair care products.
- Shampoo alternative: Aloe vera gel is a great choice for washing hair and recently many aloe vera gel shampoo products have been formulated without sulfate which makes hair stronger and more hydrated.
- Hair conditioner and moisturizer: You can mix aloe vera gel with your hair conditioner to boost moisture in it.
- Detangling and styling hair: You can detangle your hair by putting a little aloe vera gel on your hair, and you can also use it as a fixative if you want to make some hair coils by placing it on wet hair.
Home uses for aloe vera hair gel
Here is a group of home remedies in which aloe vera gel is used for hair as follows:
1. Hair Moisturizing Mask
This is done by the following:
- Mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and honey with a little yogurt.
- Apply it to the hair from the roots to the ends, massaging the scalp and leaving it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair with water and shampoo to lock in soft, damp hair.
2. Mask to get rid of dandruff
Below is the detail:
- Mix a cup of aloe vera gel with two tablespoons of natural apple cider vinegar .
- Apply to the scalp and leave for 30 minutes, then rinse with water and shampoo as usual.
3. Mask to strengthen hair and reduce hair loss
To prepare this mask, follow these steps:
- Mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel with a little fenugreek soaked powder to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply the mixture evenly to the hair and leave it for 30 minutes, then rinse it with water and shampoo as usual.
4. Hair growth mask
It is done through the following:
- Mix a cup of aloe vera gel with two tablespoons of castor oil .
- Apply the mixture evenly to the scalp and hair and cover the head with a shower cap for two hours, then rinse with water and shampoo as usual.
5. Hair regeneration and frizz reduction
Follow these steps:
- Mix an amount of aloe vera gel with half a quantity of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to the entire hair for 45 minutes and then wash it with regular shampoo.
- You can add a little honey to the mixture to get more luster and intensity.
Side effects of using aloe vera hair gel
In most cases, there are no unwanted side effects from the external use of aloe vera gel, but there are some rare effects, for example:
- The development of an allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to garlic, onions or lily.
- The appearance of some rashes after applying aloe vera gel on the scalp.
- Skin irritation similar to a severe sunburn can occur.