What exercises can a 3 month old baby do?
Baby exercises in the third month
The child should get daily exercise from an early age until the age of five to strengthen his muscles and learn to coordinate his eye movements and to help him walk, including:
Instinctively, the child does yoga without realizing anything about it, so it can be done as follows:
- Lay the child on his back, then raise his legs in the air.
- Encourage the child to hold his foot and then swing it back and forth.
- Gently hold the child’s feet with the knees bent and as far apart as possible to improve their ability to stretch. Use this step if the first steps do not work.
The yoga exercise helps the baby, which is one of the exercises for the baby in the third month, in matters such as:
- Improving the child’s sleep and thus the parents’ sleep.
- relieve constipation;
- Reducing the pain of colic and gas.
You can perform this exercise through the following steps:
- Have the child lie on his back.
- Grab the soles of the baby’s feet and lift them in the air, touching them to form a butterfly shape.
- Move the child’s feet while holding the position toward their stomach, and encourage the child to open their arms to the sides.
- Hold the baby’s feet and try to fold them to one side each time if the baby is interacting with you.
Neck and stomach strengthening exercise
Among the exercises for the child in the third month are exercises that include strengthening the muscles of the neck and abdomen, because in these months the child spends a long time lying on his back.
These exercises help strengthen the back and neck to build the basic building blocks that the child needs to develop his motor skills such as crawling, sitting and walking later.
Abdominal exercise can be performed, as follows:
- Place a baby safety mat on flat ground, or parents can have the baby lie on their stomach or chest.
- Extend the child’s arms and legs with your knees bent so that the child gets as comfortable as possible.
- Be sure to change the positions of the child from side to side every 10-15 minutes.
Baby exercises in the third month: strengthening the muscles
In addition to the above, some other exercises can strengthen the child’s muscles, such as:
Using the appropriate massage oil, some exercises can be performed for the child, as follows:
- Grasp the baby’s wrist and lift it away from the massage area to help him develop the spine.
- Put the child on his stomach with his knees apart and his feet close together, then press his foot with the thumb to try to push his feet forward. This exercise strengthens the leg muscles.
- Gently press the palms of your hands on the child’s chest after the exercises have finished, as it helps remove lung congestion, improves the airway, and strengthens the respiratory system.
This exercise of the baby exercises in the third month can strengthen the leg muscles that will help the baby to walk and love. You can do the exercises as follows:
- Lay the child on his back, and gently hold his ankles.
- Move the legs slowly in a circular motion as he rides a bicycle.
- Do 3-4 movements every once in a while, then give the child a rest before continuing with the exercise.
Baby exercises in the third month: sensory
Learn about a set of sensory exercises for the child as follows:
- Put your child in front of a mirror and watch his interactions with it, as he will not realize that it is his picture until after a while, but it allows her to stare at his reflection or any other reflection.
- Teach your child to coordinate his eye and hand movements by holding a toy and trying to reach it or not.
- Try changing the position of the child from his tummy to his back by bringing his favorite toy and slowly changing the directions of your sitting until the child changes position to meet the toy. You can help and support the child as he rolls.
- Dance while holding your baby in your arms. You can move him up, down and side to side, in circles and around, now quickly and then slowly; To stimulate the development of the vestibular apparatus responsible for the perception of the body in space.
Tips and educational exercises for the baby in the third month
Among the exercises for the baby in the third month that parents should be keen on are that help them develop their learning process. Here are some ideas for playing and learning exercises and tips on the following:
- Respond to the baby’s cooing and gurgling by using your own voice to encourage him to use his voice, as this teaches him the basics of language and conversation between the two parties.
- Give your child a variety of colorful toys to pick up and explore. You can hold the toy away from him to reach it and pull it to catch it, but don’t tie it to his bed.
- Gently hold the child’s hands and clap them, extend their arms crossed or over their head, or spread them apart, each in a different direction.
- Gently move the child’s leg as if he were riding a bicycle.
- Using the child’s favorite toy to focus on and follow.
- Talk to your child to interact with you and read books appropriate for his age.