How do you use chia seeds for hair growth?
Did you know chia is the Mayan word for “strength?” And for good reason, too. Adding chia seeds to your daily diet can be extremely simple and beneficial. They are easily accessible (you can find in your local grocery and health foods store), are fairly priced, and accompany a number of ingredients without overpowering them in taste or texture. These seeds, native to Mexico and Guatemala, are rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorous, and calcium for an ultimately stronger and healthier hair, body, and skin.
Benefits of chia seeds for hair
chia seeds containing high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, chia seeds help promote the health of the scalp and hair, which are important factors for increasing the rate of hair growth, and thus the importance of the benefits of chia seeds for hair.
On the contrary, the lack of omega-3 levels in the body is a common cause of hair loss associated with nutritional deficiencies, so it is recommended to include foods rich in omega-3 in the diet followed, including chia seeds.
Chia seeds nutritional value
Two tablespoons of chia seeds, about 28 grams, provide the following elements:
|Nutritional content||Nutritional value|
|unsaturated fats||7 g|
It is worth noting that chia seeds contain approximately 18% of the body’s daily need for calcium, in addition to containing low levels of zinc and copper.
Chia seeds are one of the most important plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, and they contain all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot make.
How to eat chia seeds to get their benefits
To get the benefits of chia seeds for hair, they can be added in the following ways:
- It can be added to juice, or oatmeal.
- It can be added to yogurt, baked goods, cakes and pies, as there are many recipes that rely on chia seeds.
- Eggs can be replaced with chia seed gel in vegan baking, by mixing 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water, and leaving for a few minutes until a gel forms that can be used in place of eggs.
- Green chia juice can be made by following each of the following:
- Prepare the following ingredients: 2 cups of spinach , 1 and a half cups of water, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, an orange peeled, a cup of strawberries, and a cup of frozen grapes.
- Mix all the above ingredients with an electric mixer, then serve it to drink.
- Chia seeds can be added to avocado juice for a distinctive flavour.
topical use of chia seeds
Because of the many benefits of chia seeds for hair, it is possible to use it topically for hair by preparing a hair gel as follows:
- Mix one cup of water with four cups of chia seeds.
- Set the mixture aside.
- Heat the previous mixture the next day over a medium heat, for a period not exceeding 10 minutes.
- Filter the chia seeds.
- Add a tablespoon of aloe vera and mix it using the whisk.
- Use the previous mixture on the hair.
Precautions about using chia seeds
It is not recommended to buy pre-made foods containing chia seeds until you have read the labels carefully and ensure that the product does not contain high levels of sugar and harmful chemicals to the body.
It is also preferable to consult a doctor before eating chia seeds if you suffer from an allergy to sesame seeds or mustard seeds, or if you are taking medications to treat high blood pressure or anticoagulants.