How long does Botox for sweating last?
The effects of Botox are temporary, which means you’ll need more injections in the future. For underarm sweating, dryness can last anywhere from four to fourteen months. Results may not last as long for the hands and feet, and you may need to repeat your treatment in about six months.
Botox for sweating , We have always heard about the use of Botox to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines, but recently a new use has appeared to treat excessive sweating that cannot be controlled using deodorants, so what is the truth about Botox injections for sweating?
What are Botox injections for sweating?
Axillary hyperhidrosis is a condition that afflict a person severe sweating which is up to four times the natural persons, so as to maintain the degree of natural body temperature, showed Botox effectiveness in the treatment of sweating disorder , which a large number of people securely suffer from it for a period of up to two years.
Pros of botox injections for sweating
The benefits of Botox injections for sweating include the following positive points:
- Its efficacy is excellent.
- Do not cause severe pain.
- Its effect lasts for a relatively long period of time.
- Its results are excellent when compared to surgery.
Disadvantages of Botox injections for sweating
Botox injections, like other treatments, can have some drawbacks, including:
- Its price is a little high.
- Its results are not permanent.
- Not suitable for all areas of the body.
- It is associated with the emergence of side effects for some, such as: headache, anxiety, fever, itching, flu-like symptoms, bleeding and pain at the site of the injection.
Places where Botox injections can be used for sweating
Botox for sweating , Areas where Botox injections can be used for sweating include:
- the face.
- the nose.
- the chest.
- the nose.
- rear end.
How is the process of botox injections for sweating?
The process of injecting Botox for sweating is an easy and simple process, as the area to be treated is numbed with anesthetic cream for an hour or an hour and a half, then the health care provider cleans the place well to inject it with very small needles. Completely in two weeks.
Side effects of Botox injections for sweating
Botox injections are safe to use but may cause some side effects, such as:
- Dry mouth.
- Pain in the injection area.
Side effects are rare
May cause rare side effects, including:
- Severe muscle weakness.
- Anaphylaxis .
Side effects that are cause for concern
The following side effects are considered serious and require urgent medical attention:
- vision problems
- Inability to control the bladder.
- Difficulty speaking, swallowing or breathing.
- Vertigo and dizziness.
- muscle weakness;
- Skin rash.
Tips before doing Botox injections for sweating
There are several things to consider before doing Botox injections for sweating, most notably:
- Have your health care provider evaluated to identify the main causes of excessive sweating, as you may need antiperspirants, not Botox.
- Keep in mind that Botox injections are more successful if the excessive sweating is in one area of the body.
- Avoid injections of Botox if you suffer from muscle or nervous disorders, and pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid it, because it may cause weakness in the muscles of the hands .
- Talk to your doctor before you start using Botox injections to make sure that it is your best treatment option