Can protein in urine be cured?
Protein in the urine usually appears as one of the symptoms of other diseases, but how do you get rid of protein in the urine? Find out in this article:
How to get rid of protein in urine
How protein is eliminated in the urine depends on why the protein is in the urine, but usually:
1. ACE inhibitors
Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors are the most effective drugs for eliminating protein in the urine, and they treat the problem regardless of the main cause of the protein in the urine. Examples of this drug class are: Captopril .
2. Angiotensin-Metabolite Blockers
Angiotensin receptor blockers, such as Candesartan, can be used to eliminate protein in the urine.
It is worth noting that using angiotensin receptor blockers alone may cause more side effects than using angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers together.
3. Other medicines
- Loop diuretics , such as furosemide.
- Thiazide diuretics , such as hydrochlorothiazide.
- Selective aldosterone antagonists , such as spironolactone.
- Calcium channel blockers , such as diltiazem (Diltiazem).
It is worth noting that if protein appears in the urine temporarily as a result of exercise, for example, no treatment is used in this case, as it is often treated on its own.
How to get rid of protein in urine for diabetes and pressure patients
In the event of kidney disease as a result of diabetes or high blood pressure, the treatment is as follows:
How to get rid of protein in urine in diabetic patients
How to get rid of protein in the urine of diabetics is by maintaining the blood sugar level by taking diabetes medications regularly, eating a healthy diet and exercising.
Diabetics should have their glomerular filtration rate checked annually.
How to get rid of protein in urine in patients with high blood pressure
How to get rid of protein in urine in patients with high blood pressure is by taking blood pressure medications as prescribed by the doctor to avoid any possible damage to the kidneys. The condition of the pregnant woman should be monitored if she develops high blood pressure during pregnancy .
In the event of low blood pressure and protein in the urine, a urine test should be done annually and blood pressure checked regularly.
Tips to get rid of protein in urine
In addition to using the right medications, how to get rid of protein in the urine is by following some tips, such as:
- Eat a healthy diet that is low in fat and low in salt .
- Limit protein intake.
- Reduce the amount of fluids you drink.
- Quit Smoking.
- Do not take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as: ibuprofen and naproxen, except after consulting a doctor.
- Consult your physician before taking any nutritional supplement or herbal.
- Excess weight loss.
The importance of eliminating protein in the urine
After learning how to get rid of protein in the urine, we must know the importance of getting rid of it, as the presence of protein in the urine may lead to a number of complications, such as:
- Incidence of edema pulmonary due to the accumulation of fluid.
- Acute kidney injury due to the development of kidney disease.
- Increased risk of developing bacterial infections, such as spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.
- Increased chance of arterial or venous thrombosis, such as renal vein thrombosis.
- Increased risk of heart disease.