Leponex 100mg is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.
Today, through the Pharma C website, we show you Leponex 100 mg Uses
What is Leponex 100mg ?
Leponex 100mg is used to treat severe schizophrenia. Leponex 100mg is also used to reduce the risk of suicidal behavior in people with schizophrenia or similar disorders. Leponex 100 mg is usually given after other medications have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.
How Should I use Leponex 100 mg ?
Use Leponex 100 mg orally disintegrating tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Leponex 100 mg orally disintegrating tablets by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Do not remove the blister from the outer pouch until you are ready to take Leponex 100 mg orally disintegrating tablets.
- Make sure that your hands are dry when you open Leponex 100 mg orally disintegrating tablets. Do not push the tablet through the foil.
- Peel back the foil on the blister pack and place the tablet on the tongue. Allow the tablet to dissolve and swallow with saliva. Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets may be taken with or without water.
- You may chew the tablets if you desire.
- Take the tablet immediately after opening the blister pack. Do not store the removed tablet for future use.
- If you split the tablets, discard the half of the tablet not taken out of the reach of children and away from pets. Do not save for future use. Talk to your pharmacist about proper disposal for Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets. You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, increased sweating, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea). If you need to stop Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
- Continue to take Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Taking Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets at the same time each day will help you to remember to take it.
- If you miss a dose of Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you miss taking a dose of Leponex 100mg orally disintegrating tablets for more than 2 days, do not start taking it again. Contact your doctor right away for instructions.
Leponex 100 mg Dosage :
Required Laboratory Testing Prior to Initiation and During Therapy
Prior to initiating treatment with Leponex 100mg tablets, a baseline ANC must be obtained. The baseline ANC must be at least 1500/μL for the general population, and at least 1000/μL for patients with documented Benign Ethnic Neutropenia (BEN). To continue treatment, the ANC must be monitored regularly.
The starting dose is 12.5 mg once daily or twice daily. The total daily dose can be increased in increments of 25 mg to 50 mg per day, if well-tolerated, to achieve a target dose of 300 mg to 450 mg per day (administered in divided doses) by the end of 2 weeks. Subsequently, the dose can be increased once weekly or twice weekly, in increments of up to 100 mg. The maximum dose is 900 mg per day. To minimize the risk of orthostatic hypotension, bradycardia, and syncope, it is necessary to use this low starting dose, gradual titration schedule, and divided dosages.
Leponex 100 mg tablets can be taken with or without food.
Source : wikipedia