What is a good creatinine ratio?
is a chemical byproduct, produced by the metabolism of muscles, and a small amount is produced by eating meat.
The kidney health and proper process of filtering and filtering material creatinine and other waste present in the blood, to come out of this dirt from the body through urine.
What is the importance of creatinine test?
This examination aims to detect the levels of creatinine in the body, which gives a picture of the efficiency of the kidneys’ work .
Subjecting to this examination differs from one person to another, and the subject can be explained as follows:
- People with kidney problems: They undergo this examination regularly according to the doctor’s instructions.
- Diabetics: They should undergo this examination at least once a year
- Having a disease that may affect the work of the kidneys: such as high blood pressure, or even taking medications that affect the kidneys, these are recommended to undergo examination according to the doctor’s instructions.
This test is a blood test, and does not require any special preparations before undergoing it.
in the blood is measured in milligrams per deciliter or micromoles per liter.
The normal level of creatinine in the blood ranges from 0.84-1.21 milligrams per deciliter, which is equivalent to 74.3-107 micromoles per liter.
This percentage can vary from one laboratory to another, or depending on gender and age as well.
It is worth noting that men have a higher percentage of creatinine in the body, due to their increased muscle mass compared to women.
High creatinine level means that the kidneys are not working properly . In some cases, the level of this substance may rise slightly and temporarily, and these cases include:
- low blood density
- Eat a large meal of meat
- Taking certain types of medication.
If the level of creatinine is high in the body, the doctor will do some analyzes and tests to determine the safety of the work and functions of the kidneys .
Reducing the level of creatinine in the body
There are several ways that help reduce the level of this substance in the body, the most important of which is dialysis , which is recommended by the doctor according to the level.
On the other hand, there are some things that are recommended to reduce the level of creatinine in the body, which are:
- Reducing some exercise
- Determining the amount of food that is rich in protein, the most important of which is meat
- Focus on eating fiber
- Follow the doctor’s recommendations and instructions.