What is Notussil Syrup?
Today, through Pharma C, we show you the medicine Notussil Syrup.
Notussil Syrup is a sedative for dry cough as it contains the active ingredient every 5 ml of Clopastine Fendezoate 35.4 mg equivalent to 20 mg of clopastine hydrochloride, as it gives a selective effect on the cough centers to calm them, and it has a calming effect on peripheral stimulants, as it treats Bronchial spasms, dry cough treatment
Indications for the use of Notussil Syrup:
Among the indications for use of the drug:
1- It is used in the treatment of cough resulting from acute respiratory diseases, chronic cough, or general cough.
2- It is used in the treatment of dry cough.
3-The drug has an anti-bronchial spasms effect.
Composition of Noutussil syrup :
The syrup is formulated with active ingredients that treat a dry cough, as it consists of:
- Each 5 ml of Notussil Syrup contains Clopristine fendesoate in a ratio of 35.4 mg.
- It contains the equivalent of 20 mg of Cluprestine Hydrochloride solution.
Each syrup has different indications for use that differ according to the patient’s condition, the extent of his response to the drug, and are also related to the patient’s age, health conditions, and the extent of the disease’s impact, and below we explain the indications for using Notussil syrup:
- The drug Notussil treats dry cough very effectively and reduces its symptoms.
It is used to treat a cough that occurs as a result of chronic respiratory diseases such as seasonal chest allergy, which increases during the spring season with the spread of pollen in the air, in addition to asthma patients who suffer from dry cough and its annoying consequences.
- It has a strong effect in treating respiratory problems such as shortness of breath and tracheitis.
- It treats bronchial spasms, as it acts as a sedative for these spasms and relaxes them.
- Use in case of seasonal or chronic chest allergies.
- It works as an anti-inflammatory for coughing, such as pneumonia, rhinitis and bronchitis.
- It reduces the symptoms of asthma, which many medical conditions suffer from.
- It has an effective role in treating cough in people who suffer from severe cough due to common cold.
- Reduces the effects of peripheral steroids.
- Doctors recommend it for chronic coughing.
Interactions of Noutussil with other medicines
Dangerous interactions may occur with the drug Notussil , as taking a drug different from it in the wrong synchronization may expose the patient to danger, in addition to that, both of them will cause the effect of the other to cancel out and not use the drug as required, and this is why informing the doctor about the chemical and herbal medicines that you use is very important. In order to determine whether it is suitable for the drug or not, the following are the most important of these interventions:
- Notussil is not used in combination with antiepileptic drugs, AIDS treatment, and mental disorders such as stress, anxiety and depression.
- Notussil should not be used with sedatives and sleeping pills.
Dosage for Notussil Syrup:
Each drug has a method of use, and the dose cannot be prescribed without the attending physician and the best and appropriate diagnosis for the situation, and usually the dose is:
1- The usual adult dose: 5 ml, to be used 3 times daily.
2- The usual dose for children:
- From 2 to 4 years of age: 2 ml to be used twice a day.
- From 4 to 7 years of age: 3 ml to be used twice a day.
- From 7 to 15 years: 5 ml to be used twice a day.
3- In the package there is a plastic cap included with tags at 2ml, 3ml, 5ml.
4- The dose cannot be doubled on your own, or when you forget the medicine and not take it on time, and you should not take the medicine without consulting a specialist.
Side effects of Notussil Syrup:
– Each medicine has side effects that occur when taking doses in excess of the usual dose or the dose recommended by the attending physician. Among the side effects of the medicine are:
– Occurrence of temporary disturbances and problems in the digestive system.
Contraindications to the drug Notussil Syrup:
Each medicine has precautions and contraindications that must be followed in order not to be exposed to many diseases and pains. Among these precautions and contraindications are:
1- Do not use the medicine in patients who suffer from hypersensitivity to one of the components of the medicine or to one of the components of other medicines.
2- It is not used for children under the age of two years.
3- The drug cannot be used during pregnancy, because birth defects may occur to the fetus, and it is not used during the breastfeeding period because the medicine is excreted in breast milk and thus harms the nursing child.
Notussil Syrup price:
The price of the drug is only 15.75 EGP.