Can I go for a walk 5 days after c-section?
For most moms, it will take four to six weeks to make a full recovery. Here’s what to expect during that time: 1 day later: You’ll be encouraged to walk around within the first 12 hours after delivery to help relieve gas buildup in the abdomen, and to eat something light as soon as you feel able.
- Contributes to the expulsion of gases and thus relieve pain
- Reduces the risk of developing blood clots and exposure to various cardiovascular diseases.
- Helps restore normal bowel movement after the operation
The correct way to walk after a caesarean section
Here are some tips for how and how long to walk after a caesarean section:
- Start walking for no more than 5 minutes.
- Gradually extend the duration of walking and at a pace commensurate with the individual’s ability.
- Stop immediately if you feel pain
- Obtaining medical advice regarding exercise in order to obtain the best results.
Tips when returning to exercise after a caesarean section
It is recommended to return to various exercises at least 6-8 weeks after the caesarean section, and the following are a number of special tips for returning to various exercises after the caesarean section:
- Start exercising at low levels.
- Stop when you feel any pain and get medical advice.
- Return to strenuous and demanding sports such as jogging and resistance exercises at least 12 weeks after the caesarean section , and after making sure that you do not feel pain when doing any of them.
Exercises to help recover from a cesarean delivery
The following are a number of light exercises that contribute to recovery from a cesarean delivery:
It is one of the best relaxation exercises that contribute to retraining the basic muscles to work with each other, and it can be practiced by following the following steps:
- Lie on a bed or sofa.
- Put the hands on the stomach and relax.
- Take a deep breath through the nose until you feel the stretching of the abdominal muscles in the hands.
- Exhale and then tighten the abdominal muscles towards the spine so that you feel their contraction, and maintain this position for 3 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise 3 times a day and 5-10 times.
This exercise contributes to stimulating the work of the basic muscle groups, the muscles of the lower back, the pelvis, and the hamstrings in harmony, by following the following steps:
- Stand 30 – 70 centimeters from the wall.
- Slowly bend your back toward the wall, and then descend into a sitting position, maintaining a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- Take a deep breath and then pull your abdominal muscles against the wall as you exhale.
- Maintain the last position for as long as possible, and then take a rest for 5 minutes and repeat the exercise 5 times.
Other procedures that aid recovery after a cesarean delivery الولادة
Here are a number of procedures that can be done besides walking after a cesarean delivery:
- Obtaining pain relievers, especially during the first period, and after consulting the doctor supervising the case.
- Get enough rest.
- Seek help, especially during the initial caesarean section.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the caesarean section wound clean by cleaning it daily and it dry.
- Refrain from carrying anything that is heavier than the weight of the newborn.